EBNER | Products | Copper base metals industry | Strip | Bright annealing line
Heat treatment furnace facilities for the copper base metals industry
HICON/H2 bright annealing lines for strip.
Highest quality, greatest efficiency and best throughput for alloyed and unalloyed copper strip. These factors define our bright annealing lines and are the basis for our worldwide success in Europe and Asia.
EBNER‘s integrated strip cleaning system optimally prepares the strip for downstream processes, whether heat treatment or another processing step (e.g. passivation).
The EBNER bright annealing design is vertical in order to utilize the advantages of up to 100 % hydrogen when bright annealing alloys highly sensitive to oxidation. The proven HICON/H2 muffle furnace design and jet tunnel achieve optimal mechanical properties, a clean and flawless surface and a flat shape with the lowest specific tension on the annealed strip.
With EBNER technology, strip with thicknesses from 0.05 mm to 5 mm can be annealed.
Features of the EBNER muffle design:
- Up to 75 % hydrogen and -60 °C dewpoint for best oxide-free and bright strip surface, thanks to gas-tight design
- Strip is degreased before entering the furnace with hot water only, no solvents
- Lowest strip tension thanks to catenary control or integrated dancer roll in hydrogen with upstream sealing rolls
- HICON/H2 jet tunnel with adjustable flowrate in the heating-up section
- Strip temperatures up to 950 °C
- Lowest energy consumption for fuel gas and electricity
- Copper and copper alloys
- Phosphor bronze
- Nickel silver
- Special alloys