EBNER | Products | Steel industry | Tube and bar | Roller-hearth furnace
Heat treatment furnace facilities for the steel industry
HICON roller-hearth furnace for long products.
This type of furnace was specially developed for soft annealing to achieve globular cementite in medium and high-alloyed tool steels, high speed steels, cold heading and bearing steels.
As well as taking care of the as-annealed quality factors, this design of furnace also minimizes process atmosphere consumption (nitrogen only) to improve economy. A CO2 control system automatically calculates and regulates the required process atmosphere (nitrogen).
Processing temperature range of 400 °C to 950 °C (1050 °C). Net throughputs of between 2,000 kg/h and 10,000 kg/h can be achieved depending on the size of the facility and the heat treatment program selected.
These furnaces are built with a standardized hearth width (charge width) of 1750 mm or 2250 mm. Other widths are available on request.
For certain steel grades requiring an extremely high cooling gradient (up to 300 K/min), the roller-hearth furnace can be equipped with a HICON jet cooler.
The facility can be implemented to comply with the standards required by the automotive industry, in accordance with CQI-9 (AIAG).
Advantages of the EBNER design.
- optimum spheroidization of the microstructure up to 100 % and/or formation of a perlite/ferrite microstructure
- precise zone control with very tight temperature tolerances
- decarb-free thanks to process atmosphere know-how
- long service life and low maintenance requirement on components subjected to high thermal or mechanical stress (radiant tubes, hearth rollers, bearings, etc.)
- low unit consumption data due to good insulation, high combustion efficiency, compact furnace design and vacuum locks
- low pollutant emissions due to two-stage combustion
- straightforward operation due to automated process control
- no process atmosphere recirculation fans needed in workload space